Welcome to the Seckford Foundation
The Seckford Foundation excels in the education and care of the young and elderly in an area surrounding the town of Woodbridge, Suffolk.
Originally founded in the 16th century with an endowment from an Elizabethan lawyer, Thomas Seckford, throughout its history the Foundation has been committed to creating a role that looks forward to the future.
The Objects of the Charity are realised through:
- the provision of high quality professional care at the Seckford Almshouses, which offer sheltered, very sheltered, residential care and day care in modern and bright accommodation in the centre of town;
- the advancement of education at Woodbridge School, a thriving co-educational community of over 900 pupils at Queen's House (4-6); The Abbey (7-11) and the Senior School (11-18);
- financial and administrative support of individuals, organisations and initiatives in the local community;
- the operation of free schools in Beccles and Saxmundham, Suffolk schools for 11-16 year olds financed by central government which provide an alternative to local high schools; and
- leadership within the not for profit sector.
The Governors of the Seckford Foundation are committed to ongoing excellence in education and care. The Seckford Foundation believes in creating a role which values equally those inside and outside it, and welcomes enquiries.
The Seckford Foundation Registered Charity No. 1110964
A limited company registered in England No.5522615. Registered Office Marryott House, Burkitt Road, Woodbridge, Suffolk IP12 4JJ